Omowunmi Dada is a talented Nigerian actress known more recently for her role as Linda in Ebonylife’s recent movie, Oloture.
AbujaNow presents 10 facts from Omowunmi Dada’s Biography
1. Omowunmi Dada was born on the 2nd of October 1989 to Mr. and Mrs. Dada in Lagos State, Nigeria.
2. She had her primary education at Ifako International Nursery and Primary School, while her secondary education was at the Command Day Secondary School, Oshodi. Afterward, she moved on to the University of Lagos (UNILAG), where she obtained a degree in Creative Arts.
3. Omowunmi initially wanted to study Law, but the school declined, so she decided to study Creative Arts because she’s an artistic person. While in school, Omowunmi attended several auditions and got roles to act in numerous stage plays.
4. Omowunmi Dada commenced her Nollywood career as a stage actor. Her first stage play was in 2010, Moremi Ajasoro, a play directed by Femi Oke, while her first movie feature was Oya in 2013. She also featured in a Fidelis Duker movie, Kids Alone.
5. In 2017, she featured in the critically acclaimed stage production, Isale Eko, a stage play. The government of Lagos state used this movie to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the State since its existence. Since then she has gone on to star in many movies including Oloture and the web series Game On.
Read Actress Ebenezer Eno Biography
6. In December 2017, she was nominated as the Best Actress for the Year in Nigeria by award-winning Nigerian filmmaker and critic, Charles Novia. She also won the Best Actress Award 2017 at CRMA, Best Supporting Actress at City People Movie Awards, and she was nominated for the Best Actress on Big Screen and TV at the Eloy Awards 2017.
7. Dada is an Ambassador for the Daivyan children’s Cancer Foundation that advocates for the awareness and support for children living with cancer. She is also an Ambassador for the Brian Wotari Foundation that is focused on engaging and enriching the lives of youths.
8. Omowunmi Dada’s role models are Tina Mba, Genevieve Nnaji, Meryl Streep and Charlize Theron, and Mo Abudu.
9. The beautiful actress is single and her qualities for ‘Mr. Right’ will be God-fearing, kindhearted, and goal-oriented.
10. Omowunmi’s career ambition is to star in several Hollywood blockbuster projects and own a production company.